Wednesday 18 February 2009

Week 2 - 11-18th Feb

Planning and designing a simple interactive media product that utilises PHP5

After creating a learning plan and technical specification for the Interactive Media project, I was now ready to start planning and design.

For weeks now, I have been milling over ideas for a logo for Weekend Wanderers. Do I use the tread as two W’s or the W’s as the hills and paths?. I decided to work up both ideas into vector and then into screen designs. I finally chose the two W’s idea of hills and paths because I felt that it might work better across different formats.

With a name already for the walking club established many years ago, I now had to see if it was available as a Domain. Following my investigations using WHOIS I found www.weekendwanderers.org.uk was available but www.weekendwanderers.co.uk wasn’t. Picking a host to upload the website might have been easy, if I didn’t have to consider MySQL and PHP, this meant that the hosting would cost more money.

After confirming the domain name with my parents we discussed the website in more detail especially how they would receive enquires from potential new walkers. The outcome of this discussion meant that they felt they wouldn’t have enough content for a page every month and would prefer just one page detailing the annual walking programme. They felt the contact form should appear on every page but would prefer to make space for a gallery page and have the contact form as a link. Although I didn’t want to discourage my parent’s suggestion of a photography gallery this was something I could add later, but felt having the contact page on some pages as a link was a great idea.


12th Feb
Following youtube tutorials

17th February

  • Tried MAMP didn’t work - Xampp worked
  • Developed the logo design today in vectors
  • Creating website screen designs

Innovation and create thought have been applied (D3)
Logo development, colour layout and typeface choice

Reflect on on-line Videos and tutorials (M2) (D2)
Setting up PHP on my Computer

Identify a simple PHP function
why the form function will be useful

Plan how to integrate a basic function PHP into an interactive media project
explain about hosting requirement

No comments:

Post a Comment